Thursday, December 11, 2008

NASA USRP Internship


Last week I was offered an undergraduate student internship with NASA at the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD.  I will be moving down there in January to work with Paul E. Racette on modeling and data analysis of nonlinear and non-stationary processes.  The research I will be doing will have immediate applications in the calibration of radiometers.  NASA uses radiometers for a few different things, one of which is measurement of salinity in the ocean.  That is one way earth scientists model climate change.   There may also be applications in astro-biology.

To commemorate this momentous occasion in my scientific career I have posted above a telescope photo of the Pücman Nebula.  


3 comments:

Crystal said...

holy carp! That's awesome!

Crystal said...

Oh, my God! Congratulations! You'll be awesome, I'm sure. :)

ThePieOne said...

I have decided that you have to keep me informed with everything you do so that I can pretend that I'm there so that when you come back it will be like you never left because I'll know everything that happened.